A WONDERFUL cheesy crispy cookie for a snack or make into straws and have with soup. Well seasoned for the "just right" taste and flavor. Do include all seasonings as they enhance the flavor. We are a third generation family enjoying these cheese wafers or cheese krispies as some of us call them. A great appetizer for parties or weddings. They go well with coffee, fruit drink or a cocktail. Note: Put only 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder if you don't like it very hot.
- Blend softened butter with grated cheese.
- Add salt, garlic powder, cayenne powder and worcestershire.
- Stir in flour and rice krispies.
- For wafers: Form by hand into balls and flatten with fork.
- For straws: Flatten pieces of dough by hand on parchment paper and cut into 4 x 6 inch straws and separate.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 17 minutes. Watch carefully and do not overbake. Let cool slightly and place on paper towels. Store in an air tight container.