Recipe by Seasoned Cook
A WONDERFUL cheesy crispy cookie for a snack or make into straws and have with soup. Well seasoned for the "just right" taste and flavor. Do include all seasonings as they enhance the flavor. We are a third generation family enjoying these cheese wafers or cheese krispies as some of us call them. A great appetizer for parties or weddings. They go well with coffee, fruit drink or a cocktail. Note: Put only 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder if you don't like it very hot.
Top Review by Marni Ulch
This is a great recipe for a quick, savory snack. My Sunday School class raved about the flavor profiles: garlic, heat from the cayenne powder, tang from the Worcestershire sauce, and the crunch from rice krispies (and some added finely chopped pecans). I will definitely make them again soon - with so much leftover rice krispies, I can't think of a better way to use them up! Addendum: I liked them much better by baking them longer than the specified time.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, krispies
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend softened butter with grated cheese.
- Add salt, garlic powder, cayenne powder and worcestershire.
- Stir in flour and rice krispies.
- For wafers: Form by hand into balls and flatten with fork.
- For straws: Flatten pieces of dough by hand on parchment paper and cut into 4 x 6 inch straws and separate.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 17 minutes. Watch carefully and do not overbake. Let cool slightly and place on paper towels. Store in an air tight container.