1/4 Photos of Cheese Wafers (Straws, Cookies)
Seasoned Cook's Note:
A WONDERFUL cheesy crispy cookie for a snack or make into straws and have with soup. Well seasoned for the "just right" taste and flavor. Do include all seasonings as they enhance the flavor. We are a third generation family enjoying these cheese wafers or cheese krispies as some of us call them. A great appetizer for parties or weddings. They go well with coffee, fruit drink or a cocktail. Note: Put only 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder if you don't like it very hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend softened butter with grated cheese.
- 2Add salt, garlic powder, cayenne powder and worcestershire.
- 3Stir in flour and rice krispies.
- 4For wafers: Form by hand into balls and flatten with fork.
- 5For straws: Flatten pieces of dough by hand on parchment paper and cut into 4 x 6 inch straws and separate.
- 6Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 7Bake in a 325 degree oven for 17 minutes. Watch carefully and do not overbake. Let cool slightly and place on paper towels. Store in an air tight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Wafers (Straws, Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (1008 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.3
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 114.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g