Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
No one elses was exactly like mine and I wanted to be able to save it!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Rice Krispies, crushed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, powdered (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Mix margarine and Rice Krispies (I use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment).
- Then mix in cheese.
- Combine flour and seasonings in another bowl.
- Add to the cheese mixture gradually.
- Roll mixture into marble-size balls. (I used a 1 inch cookie scoop.).
- Flatten with fork onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Don't overbake them!
- Store in airtight container when cooled. Freezes well.
I liked the crispiness of the rice krispies in this recipe. I halved the recipe, and took it to a church potluck, where they all disappeared. Thanks!