Recipe by D's Darling
I found this recipe in an old Bicentennial Cookbook. They aren't crunchy but rather soft. I use extra sharp cheese to make this, my personal preference.
Top Review by Phoenix 0880
These are very good, so easy to make, went great with soup! Next time I would add some garlic . I followed the recipe exactly and got 19 wafers.... you could also add bacon .... lots of possibilities!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl sift together the flour and baking powder.
- With a pastry blender, cut in the butter and cheese.
- Add the water and mix well.
- Pinch off dough and roll into balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Using a fork, press to flatten.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the wafers with paprika if desired.