Recipe by Derf
A favourite, can be served with appetizer toppings if the pecan is not used or very nice plain.
Top Review by Cindy D.
So good. I have people begging me to make them a batch. I tried it with fresh shredded parmesan cheese. It was great. I added a lot more cayenne pepper (personal choice). Thank you for sharing this with us.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 38 pecan halves, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, beat together butter, cheese and cayenne pepper until thoroughly blended.
- Add flour, beating until blended.
- Shape dough into log about 9 1/2 inch long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Roll log in sesame seeds, coating completely.
- Wrap and refrigerate until firm, several hours or overnight.
- To bake wafers, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chilled dough into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Press a pecan half in centre of each, if using.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges and bottoms are golden.
- Remove wafers from baking sheets, cool on racks.