Recipe by grandma2969
Once again, Tobey is my beloved black cocker spaniel..that we rescued from a dog rescue site...
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parsley flakes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except for 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup dried parsley
- Knead until thoroughly mixed.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out dough and roll into 1" balls.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the balls into pencil-shaped sticks.
- Roll sticks in remaining 1/4 cup paremsan cheese,which has been mixed with dried parsley flakes.then flatten them with your hand or a rolling pin --
- Twist each stick several times and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheat oven for 325* for 30 minutes.
- Let cool on pan.
- Store in a sealed container -- .