Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Served in a napkin-lined basket, these are so attractive on your buffet or serving table.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed 20 minutes (half of a 17-oz. pkg.)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons stone ground dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut sheet of puff pastry lengthwise in half, cutting straight through dough to preserve layers. Refrigerate half of dough. Roll out other half on lightly floured surface into neat triangle, about 10x8-inches. Mix egg and mustard and brush very lightly over dough. Sprinkle evenly with half the Parmesan. Gently roll rolling pin over dough so that cheese adheres. Sprinkle with half the cayenne.
- Cut dough crosswise into 12 strips. Gently twist each strip about 3 times and arrange on baking sheet, preferably nonstick. Repeat with remaining dough, egg mixture, Parmesan, and cayenne. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake cheese twists, 1 baking sheet at a time, 10 minutes. Reduce heat ot 325 degrees and bake just until golden, about 5 minutes longer. Serve warm or at room temperature.