Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a 1961 booklet from the Southern California Gas Company entitled "Smart Girls Cook with Modern Gas"
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon toasted onion powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Make a soft dough of mix and milk.
- Put on lightly floured surface; knead gently (about 30 seconds). Roll into 12-inch square. Cut in half.
- 3. Add onions or onion salt to butter. Brush dough with half of onion butter.
- Top one piece of dough with cheese. Place other half of dough (buttered side down) on cheese half. Press lightly.
- Cut into 24 1 1/2" x 2" strips. Twist strips in opposite directions. Place on greased baking sheet. Brush with rest of onion butter.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.