Prep 3 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Found this recipe in a local newspaper. This recipe freezes well.
- 8 3⁄4 cups flour
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- salt, pepper to taste
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Mix filling ingredients together.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter and shortening together.
- Mix all dough ingredients except vegetable oil.
- Add vegetable oil and knead again.
- Let rest 3 hours, covered.
- Divide into 10 balls, cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Open each ball with fingers to size of dinner plate.
- Place filling over half of circle.
- Bring end of dough over filling to form large turnover.
- Press edges to seal.
- Cover and let rise one hour.
- Brush tops with one beaten egg mixed with one tablespoon milk.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheets in preheated 375F oven 40-45 minutes.
- This freezes well after baking.