Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup tillamook monterey jack cheese, broken into chunks
- 1 cup tillamook vintage white extra-sharp cheddar cheese, broken into chunks
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons tillamook unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brandy or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cognac
- 1 tablespoon finely minced celery
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add shallots and salt and sauté until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Place cheeses, butter and brandy in bowl of food processor. Pulse until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer mixture to medium bowl and stir in shallots, celery and cayenne. Chill in refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
- In a separate bowl combine bread crumbs and parsley. Form cheese mixture into teaspoon-sized balls and roll in bread crumb mixture. Serve at room temperature.
- Note: Truffles can be made a few days in advance and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving. Cheese mixture can also be made into a log or large ball and served with crackers.