Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini, frozen
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Spray a nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray.
- On medium heat, saute onion and pepper for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in chopped broccoli.
- Pour in the lemon juice and wine.
- Add the tarragon.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions while veggies are cooking.
- Stir the olive oil and sun-dried tomatoes with the veggie mixture.
- Serve over prepared tortellini.
This is such a yummy, healthy stir fry recipe. The vegetables all combine well and the white wine-lemon juice accents their flavor. All served over yummy cheese tortellini. Just wonderful. Thanks Dancer^.
This is a light, delicious, and versatile recipe. Perfect for a warm spring night - my husband loved it too! I used asparagus instead of broccoli, added 3 chopped roma tomatoes, and let the sundried tomatoes simmer with the rest of the vegetables. I changed the seasoning around too, as I didn't feel like tarragon tonight: I used 1/3 cup dry white wine, the lemon juice, basil, thyme, oregano, and garlic salt. Yummy!
I really enjoyed the refreshing lemony taste to this. I cooked the tortellini then added them to the cooked veggies in the pan, shook it up and served. I also put in the zest of the lemon. The lemon made this dish. Thanks Dancer^