Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband loves this!! This is quick and easy and a nice change from tomato sauce.
Make and share this Cheese Tortellini With Squash Puree recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 11 ounces frozen squash, puree, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except parsley, salt and pepper, in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until heated through and combined. If it is too thick, add a bit of water.
- Combine sauce with cooked tortellini, sprinkle with parsely and serve.
Yumm... No stars as I really changed the recipe too much, but a big thanks to you for the inspiration. I never would have thought to make a pasta sauce out of squash had I not come accross this recipe. And I'm sure glad that I did, because what I ended up with was fantastic. I made a low-fat vegan version of your recipe by baking 1/2 butternut squash, then pureed it with some soy 'cream', added salt, pepper, and a dash of both cayenne pepper and cinnamon. Oh, my. Served over vegan ravioli. Thank you so much for the idea. If my version is any indication, then your recipe is really tasty!