Recipe by Kimke
This is a wonderful meal, quick and easy. Looks wonderful so it would work for company but easy enough for a work night!
Top Review by twostickbugs_5049485
I used cheese ravioli instead of the tortellini. It was very creamy, the lemon adds brightness to the cheese sauce, and very tangy from the goat cheese. I would maybe add some sauteed garlic to round out the flavors next time. Great use of spinach.
- 12 ounces fresh cheese tortellini (cooked according to package directions)
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest of
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, boil water for tortellini. Once the water comes to a boil, add salt if desired and cook pasta.
- In the meantime, put the pesto, spinach, goat cheese, lemon zest & juice in a large serving bowl.
- Drain the tortellini and add to the serving bowl.
- Add about ¼ cup of the cooking water and toss.
- Goal is to melt the cheese and pesto, but not to make a watery sauce.
- The sauce should really cling to the pasta, so be careful NOT to add TOO MUCH water.
- Grind some pepper over the top.
- Taste, adjust seasonings and serve.