This recipe is quick and easy. You may want to use fresh ingredients; however, I cooked with what I had in my kitchen and created this recipe myself. The ingredients include: frozen cheese tortellini, butter, mushrooms, a can of mushroom soup, a package of cream cheese, milk, bottled pesto sauce, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper, and parmesan cheese. If you have wine on hand, a "splash" will do this dish justice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms (drained)
- 10 3/4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk (2% is fine)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce (bottled)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (more if desired)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- splash red wine (optional, but tasty!)
- 1In 4 quarts of boiling water, add 1 lb. of frozen cheese tortellini. Once water comes to a boil (which could take 15 minutes), cook for 12 minutes.
- 2While the tortelli is cooking, heat 2 Tbls. of butter in pan (large enough to add all ingredients towards the end). Saute the mushrooms in the melted butter.
- 3Add the can of cream of mushroom soup and milk. Mix well.
- 4Now, add the cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese has melted and the mixture is creamy.
- 5Add the pesto sauce until blended nicely, cooking all ingredients over a medium flame.
- 6Add the tomatoes. Continue stirring, adding the salt and pepper.
- 7Now, add the cooked tortellini to the creamy mixture and coat the tortellini, stirring gently - you do not wish to break up the cooked tortellini.
- 8Add a splash of red wine - stir until blended. (Wine is optional, but the alcohol will burn off, and the wine flavor remains.).
- 9Lastly, add the grated parmesan cheese and stir gently while the flame is still on medium.
- 10Lower the flame to "simmer." If you have a lid for your pan, cover your pan; if not, that's fine, too -- let the tortellini and creamy mixture simmer on a low flame for 8 minutes. Your Cheese Tortellini with Creamy Pesto Sauce is ready to be served.
- 11Dish up into separate bowls. This dish cools quickly, so serve promptly.
- 12Cover leftovers and refrigerate. When re-heating, add a little milk, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Tortellini With Creamy Pesto Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.5
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 138.4 mg
- Sodium 1806.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: