Recipe by bsneary
Easy and very filling.
Top Review by tinebean21
Very Nice dinner! I was looking for a different type of pasta sauce and this one caught my eye. I liked that the base of this pasta sauce consisted of beans......for the added protein and fiber benefit. It is however, in my opinion, best served immediately b/c it tends to thicken up a bit. I have made this twice now and will make it again. Thank You for sharing :)
- 9 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, slivered
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place the beans and milk in food processor or blender. Cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large skillet. Stir in Parmesan cheese, red pepper, oregano, slat, nutmeg, and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve over drained tortellini.