Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
From HerbThyme Farms.
Top Review by MoreSpicePlease
Delicious!! I used green onions instead of shallots and water instead of wine. I also added 10-20 shrimp (sprinkled with some season salt and sauteed in a little oil). My 8-year-old and 4-year-old helped me make this dish. Very easy and versatile recipe. We also added green peas and broccoli. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!!
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml flour
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 295.73 ml cream
- 236.59 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 18.99 g fresh basil, chopped, plus
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- 510.29 g fresh cheese-filled tortellini, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, sauté shallots and garlic in butter until softened.
- Add flour; cook and stir one minute.
- Stir in wine; cook one minute more.
- Slowly add cream, mixing until smooth. Add cheese; cook over medium heat until smooth and thick.
- Add fresh basil; mix well and pour over hot, cooked tortellini.
- Garnish with basil leaves.