Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From HerbThyme Farms.
Make and share this Cheese Tortellini With Basil Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté shallots and garlic in butter until softened.
- Add flour; cook and stir one minute.
- Stir in wine; cook one minute more.
- Slowly add cream, mixing until smooth. Add cheese; cook over medium heat until smooth and thick.
- Add fresh basil; mix well and pour over hot, cooked tortellini.
- Garnish with basil leaves.
Delicious!! I used green onions instead of shallots and water instead of wine. I also added 10-20 shrimp (sprinkled with some season salt and sauteed in a little oil). My 8-year-old and 4-year-old helped me make this dish. Very easy and versatile recipe. We also added green peas and broccoli. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!!
Made this for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game ~ 2013 and the grandkids, DH and I really enjoyed it. I did use some half-n-half along with the cream to cut down on some of the richness. I did add some steamed broccoli at the end to get the kids to eat their vegies. Next time I think I will add some shrimp or chicken for a complete meal. Definately a keeper. Thank you for posting.
This was a delicious take on alfredo but very very rich. I even substituted half broth for the cream. Loved the addition of the basil. Mixed in some veggie for a complete meal.