1/12 Photos of Cheese Tortellini Pesto Pasta Salad
This is most definately my FAVORITE pasta salad in the world! I have been making it for years, but never wrote it down....well...thanks to Recipezaar I'm learning to "measure", LOL!!!! Very happy to share! This recipe is for a small crowd. If making just for your family, omit the rotini, and add only as much of the rest of the ingredients (about half) that you'd like. Don't worry, it's really simple and easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
- 1 (10 ounce) cont. grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 (6 ounce) can medium black olives, drained, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (20 ounce) package cheese-filled egg tortellini, cooked al dente, drained (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup olive oil, more if needed
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, the kind in the can
- 1 (8 ounce) jar basil pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more if needed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces half of a 1 lb. box rotini pasta, cooked al dente, drained
- 1Cook pastas, set aside to drain and cool a bit.
- 2In large bowl or punch bowl, add rest of ingredients, folding gently til well mixed.
- 3Gently fold in pastas well.
- 4Adjust seasoning to taste, meaning, add more salt, parmesan, etc., til you like it.
- 5Serve immediately, or refrigerate.
- 6*If you make this say a day ahead of time, you'll need to "refresh" this. Just add a bit more olive oil, salt and parmesan before serving.
- 7This salad is best, though, room temp, or even slightly warm.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Tortellini Pesto Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.7
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.1 mg
- Sodium 889.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 26.1 g