Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great creamy dish to have for lunch on the weekends
Make and share this Cheese Tortellini in Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (1 lb) bagsfrozen celentano cheese tortellini
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Boil water in medium pot, let water boil and then add frozen tortellini. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Melt butter in medium pot and add chopped union, let onions cook for 4 minutes in medium heat. While the onion is cooking blend the canned tomatoes until nice and smooth. Add tomato, basil leaves and sour cream to onion & butter mixture, stir and continue cooking until all ingredients are nicely blended and you get an orangey color, let boil. Add salt to taste. Add drained tortellini and mix well, cover pot and let cook for like 10 minutes.
- 3. Service in bowl add grated parmesan cheese. You can also server on a plate with a side of steamed veggies.