Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great recipe I tried in Cuisine At Home...Very fall like recipe...Wonderful taste and color presentation. If you like squash you will like this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butternut squash, peeled, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb refrigerated cheese tortellini (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices prosciutto, cut in thin ribbons (1 oz.)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 large fresh sage sprig (about 10 leaves)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- chopped fresh parsley
- freshly gorund black pepper
- Cook squash in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Add the tortellni; cook according to package directions and until squash is tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add prosciutto, cook untilcrisp, then drain on a paper towel=lined plate. Return skillet to burner (with drippings still in pan); reduce heat to medium.
- Melt butter in the skillet. Add sage sprig and cook until butter brown, about 4 minutes; remove sage and discard. Stir in wine and sugar; cook 30 seconds, then add reserved squash, tortellini, and prosciutto back into pan. Toss to heat through.
- Off heat, finish with lemon juice, parsley, and pepper.