Recipe by JoyfulCook
Its such an easy meal or snack to prepare. You can either use it as a cheese on toast for a Light lunch or you can add it to baked potatoes or cooked vegetables, and just melted under the grill.
Top Review by I'mPat
I made 2 slices but was in a little bit of a hurry so didn't do the toasting, used a sharp cheddar, red capsicum and sweet red eschallot, the herbs, red hot chilli flakes and good grind of freshly ground black pepper, under the grill/broiler and voila all warm gooey melted cheese for a delicious and easy light lunch.
- 3 -4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 capsicum, small
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian herbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, course black
- 3 -4 slices bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the Cheese and small dice the onion and capsicum.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Toast the bread on one side adding the topping on the uncooked side and grill until the cheese is starting to bubble.
- For Vegetables, sprinkle the topping over and pop under the grill until its melted.
- For a different flavour swap the Italian herbs of Cajan.