Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Its such an easy meal or snack to prepare. You can either use it as a cheese on toast for a Light lunch or you can add it to baked potatoes or cooked vegetables, and just melted under the grill.
- Grate the Cheese and small dice the onion and capsicum.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Toast the bread on one side adding the topping on the uncooked side and grill until the cheese is starting to bubble.
- For Vegetables, sprinkle the topping over and pop under the grill until its melted.
- For a different flavour swap the Italian herbs of Cajan.
I made 2 slices but was in a little bit of a hurry so didn't do the toasting, used a sharp cheddar, red capsicum and sweet red eschallot, the herbs, red hot chilli flakes and good grind of freshly ground black pepper, under the grill/broiler and voila all warm gooey melted cheese for a delicious and easy light lunch.
Love that you can blend the flavors together with shredded cheese instead of just laying them on top. I used 1 cup of shredded cheese. Thank you JoyfulCook for a very nice lunch.
Flavorful and easy! I used a sweet onion and red capsicum and stuck it under the broiler until bubbly. Very good! Thanks for sharing! Best of 2012 tag.