Top Review by MyMagicMoo
This didnt quite come out how i was hoping it would. I think could be really good with some tweaking. The sauce was VERY runny and i think there should be atleast double the cheese. The veggies were perfectly cooked however. I might make this again but change a few things around and maybe add some spices to this as well to give it a little more flavor. Made this for a Bargain Basement Tag. Thanks for posting!
- 2 cups broccoli florets (small)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (small)
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400: F.
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add carrot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain vegetables in a colander.
- Place mixture in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Stir in peas; set aside. To prepare the sauce, in a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and broth.
- Bring to a boil and cook, whisking frequently, for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in = cup of cheddar and the pepper.
- Pour sauce over vegeta bles; stir until coated.
- Sprinkle remaining cheddar over top.
- Bake until cheese is bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.