Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 baked pie crust
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) jar thick & chunky salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) jarsliced mushrooms
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 (2 cup) ouncesshredded taco blend cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded,diced
- Heat oven to 450 deg.
- Prepare pie crust according to pkg directions for unfilled one-crust pie using 9 or 10" pie and or 10" deep dish pie pan.
- Bakd at 460 deg for 9-11 min or until light golden brown.
- Reduce oven temp to 350 deg.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over med-hi heat; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix and salsa.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and half of french fried onions.
- Spoon into partially baked crust.
- In small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the taco-flavored cheese and eggs; mix well.
- Spoon over meat mixture.
- Bake at 350 deg for 25=35 min or until slightly puffed and set in center.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese evenly over filling; sprinkle remaining french fried onion in center of filling.
- Bake an additional 2-3 min or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle tomato around edge and in center of filling.
- Let stand 10-15 min before serving.