Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
I loved this recipe since it not only tastes delicious but is done in the microwave for a quick weeknight meal!!!!!!
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml picante sauce, divided
- 78.07 ml picante sauce, divided
- 59.14 ml old fashioned oats
- 4.92 ml dried onion flakes
- 1.23 ml chili powder
- 0.59 ml salt
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 59.14 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, 2 tablespoons picante sauce, oats, onion, chili powder and salt.
- crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves. Place in microwave safe dish. Cover and microwave on high about 6 minutes or until meat reaches 160 degrees f.
- Place the remaining picante sauce in a bowl; cover and microwave 30 seconds to warm. Pour over meat loaves. Sprinkle with cheese. cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- (Note: I doubled recipe and microwaved for 13 minutes in 4 loaves. microwaves vary so watch toward the end the first time trying.).