Recipe by jellyko
I loved this recipe since it not only tastes delicious but is done in the microwave for a quick weeknight meal!!!!!!
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce, divided
- 1⁄3 cup picante sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, 2 tablespoons picante sauce, oats, onion, chili powder and salt.
- crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves. Place in microwave safe dish. Cover and microwave on high about 6 minutes or until meat reaches 160 degrees f.
- Place the remaining picante sauce in a bowl; cover and microwave 30 seconds to warm. Pour over meat loaves. Sprinkle with cheese. cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- (Note: I doubled recipe and microwaved for 13 minutes in 4 loaves. microwaves vary so watch toward the end the first time trying.).