Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
An easy and light side dish from Kraft that works on the grill or in the oven, if you wish. You can also use a balsamic dressing instead of zesty Italian.
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half
- 1⁄4 cup light zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place tomatoes, cut side up, in greased 8-inch square foil pan.
- Drizzle with dressing, and sprinkle with both cheeses.
- Place pan on grate of grill; close lid, and grill 10 to 12 minute or until cheeses are melted and bottoms of tomatoes are browned.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
I made these as a side dish for my son and hubby who are the tomatoe lovers in our house. I made this exactly as written other then I didn't have light zesty italian, just zesty italian, so used that. They enjoyed this but didn't care for the basil. Next time I think I would just add some salt and pepper.