Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family always made these for holidays rather than the standard "green bean casserole" - try them for a change of pace! Plus, I think these go really well with baked ham!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix, such as lipton
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, sliced
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- In a medium saucepan combine beans, water, and soup mix.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Drain beans, and stir in butter slices till butter is melted.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and paprika and serve warm!
We loved these. I did change this up a bit. I had a pound of frozen green beans so used those. I doubled the water and used a whole envelope of onion soup mix. I used the 3 tablespoons of regular butter and about 5 tablespoons of parmesan cheese. I didn't add the paprika. Hubby said "Yum" when he took the first bite and had three helpings. We all loved these and I will be making again.