- Cook the pasta according to package directions, but do not add salt. While pasta is cooking, in a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer set on high speed, beat ricotta, pepper, and nutmeg until smooth.
- Set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms; saute until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add spaghetti sauce; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Drain pasta in a colander; divide among serving plates.
- Spoon mushroom sauce over each portion.
- Place a spoonful of ricotta mixture in center of each.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil and serve.