Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Taste of Home's Simple & Delicious magazine.
- 1 (16 ounce) package medium pasta shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) cartonspreadable chive & onion cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and taco seasoning.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream; set aside.
- Drain the pasta; stir into beef mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Spread with cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I only had plain cream cheese so maybe that's why it was so bland. If I ever make it again I'll use the right cream cheese and mix it all together instead of layering.
Everyone in my house loved this! It was so easy! I will definitely make this one again.
This got mixed reviews at our house. I followed the recipe exactly as written. Hubby and my youngest did not like the sour cream/cream cheese/cheddar cheese mixture. I reheated this for my son's band but mixed everything together and they liked it that way. I did try it too and liked it better all mixed up. We thought the mixture was a bit overpowering on top but mixed in, it gave it a good taste. This is very easy to make and is made with ingredients I normally have on hand.