Recipe by Lorac
This is soooo deliciously decadent! If you want more heat, use Jack cheese with jalapeno. If you can't find Rotel tomatoes, use a 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes drained and add a 4 oz can of chopped green chilis or jalapenos.
Top Review by PixieDust
Made this for dinner last night. It was a big hit with me and my family. Something different from my usual boring mashed potatoes. The rotel tomatoes added just enough heat to make you take notice but was not too hot. Cheesy and rich. YUMMY. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes (drained)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- additional grated cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook potato and onion in boiling salted water until potatoes are just tender, drain.
- Add butter, cheeses, tomatoes and sour cream, stir to combine.
- Place mixture in a baking dish, top with bacon and additional cheese if desired.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.