Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great as a side for a country breakfast or delicious with soup or a pot of beans.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plum tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, basil, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- Mix tomatoes, milks, eggs, butter, ketchup, and onion together; add to dry ingredients.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese; bake at 375 degrees for about 18 minutes or until golden brown.