Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is better than garlic bread! Looks great on a buffet table and goes with anything. Can be prepared the day before if wrapped in foil, if they get a little saturated over night, it's ok, makes them even better!
- 12 slices baguette, cut diagonal (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 smashed garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread the bread on a baking sheet.
- Mix the cheese, mayonnaise, parsley, garlic, salt and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Spread a heaping tablespoon of the cheese mixture on each slice of bread.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This was quite a different taste, Dorothy but I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the rest of my family did'nt care for it but I will make it again for a buffet. It certainly did'nt deserve the 1 star review. It was very simple to make and I served it with my spaghetti and meatballs. Thanks for the recipe.
We had some friends over for Lasagna and I made these to go with it. Just perfect. Very easy to make and would go well with many things. The fresh grated Parmesan is the secret I think. Really added a nice touch to our meal.
Most undeserving of 1 star Bergy. We ate these tonight with Inez's Basil Cream Chicken and a tossed salad, and really enjoyed them. I sent Russell for mayo, and he got WW's lemon pepper. I think a less sweet American one like Bests would have made these *****. Thanks for a recipe I can make again often.