Recipe by Pam Whitmire
I don't know if this is the Texas Cheese Toast, but it sounds good! Here in East Texas we call Texas Toast the thick sliced loaf of bread that comes from Sunbeam. You could use that instead of french bread....
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon green onion, minced (white part only)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, pressed
- 1⁄4 loaf French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 5 ingredients.
- In large skillet melt butter over low heat. Add garlic to butter.
- Put 1/4 loaf of bread face down in butter. Be sure entire face of bread is coated.
- Brush the back of the bread with butter from the pan.
- Put the bread on a cookie sheet and spread cheese mixture over the face of the bread.
- Heat for 8-10 minutes in 450 degree oven until edges begin to turn brown.
- Broil quickly for 1-2 minutes if you like it crispier.