Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Really good with the DOUBLE DILL DIP that I posted. A great thin wafers that are nice and cristy. Great with dips.
- 500 ml all-purpose flour
- 250 ml grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 15 ml granulated sugar
- 2 ml baking soda
- 2 ml salt
- 1 ml onion powder
- 1 ml cayenne pepper
- 60 ml cooking oil
- 125 ml water
- Measure first 7 ingredients into bowl.
- Stir well Add cooking oil and water Mix until you can form a ball.
- Cover and let stand 20 minutes.
- Divide into 4 portions.
- Roll 1 portion paper thin on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into 8 wedges, Arrange on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in 375F oven for about 10 mins until browned and crisp.
- Repeat for remaining dough.
Great recipe! I substituted vegetable juice for the water and used whole wheat flour instead of all=purpose. I rolled out long rectangles and used a pizza cutter to make squares. They look more like a commercial cheese cracker but taste so much better.
I made these this afternoon and loved them. The dough is so easy to handle I used a mixture of bread and spelt flours. I would have liked to put a bit more flavoring in these. I did sprinkle some salt on the second batch. I think the possibilities are endless with what you could put in/on these crackers. Great recipe, thanks for posting!
This is one of my adoptees for PAC. This was wonderful. The thinner you roll the dough the crispier the cracker. Served this with oopsmakes3's Double Dill Dip (Double Dill Dip) and my boys whipped right through them. Great recipe. Thanks!