Recipe by Dib's
You can make these into 32 wedges for large crackers, or a bunch of bite sized crackers. Easy recipe for kids to try.
Top Review by BeachGirl
These were very easy to make and very tasty, but were not crispy after initial baking as instructed. I followed the recipe exactly, except when it came to cutting the crackers. I rolled dough out very thinly and cut 60 (1-1/2) inch circles, placed them (not touching) on parchment paper on a half-sheet baking pan. I baked at 375 for 8 minutes on middle shelf, then 4 minutes on lower shelf. When I took one from the oven and cooled it, it wasn't crispy but was lightly browned, so I reduced oven temp. to 300 degrees and cooked another 4 minutes. Still not as crunchy as I would have liked, so I turned oven off and left them in the oven overnight. The next morning they were "perfectly " crispy. I stored in air-tight container.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure first 7 ingredients into a bowl.
- Stir well.
- Add cooking oil and water.
- Mix until you can form a ball.
- Cover and let stand 20 minutes.
- Divide into 4 portions.
- Roll 1 portion paper thin on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Arrange on an ungreaded baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for around 10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.