Recipe by The Atomic Kitchen
This another recipe from the special Cheese section of the January 1952 issue of Woman's Day. It was submitted to the magazine by Mrs. R. G. Ridgley of St. Petersburg, Florida. These are great appetizers or party snacks. These are perfect on a little platter for a classic Autumn cocktail party.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup shredded American cheese
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon (chopped)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour and salt.
- Cut in shortening and American cheese.
- Add water and mix.
- Turn out onto lightly floured board and roll thin and cut into 3 and 1/2 inch circles.
- Place the circles into muffin tins (though the magazine does not mention greased or ungreased pan I usually spray lightly).
- Combine ham and bacon and put a spoonful of mixture in each shell.
- Mix evaporated milk and cream cheese and spread a dollop on each "tart".
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.