Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from an issue of Family Circle magazine. It sounds really good. I have not tried it yet, so please let me know what you think if you try it first!
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese, at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- Heat oven to 350°F Coat a 13 X 9 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine cheese, 1 egg, and sugar in small bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in milk and vanilla. Reserve.
- Combine cake mix, 3 eggs, water, and oil in large bowl, using mixer at low speed. Beat for 2 minutes at high speed.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Drizzle with half the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Run knife through batter to make swirls.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cover cake for last 10 minutes if browning too quickly. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- To serve, cut into squares and serve with raspberry sauce.
- Raspberry Sauce:.
- Puree raspberries in blender, Press through sieve to remove seeds.