Chef Zephyr's Note:
Zucchini "boats" stuffed with a cheese custard. A great way to use zucchini & it's lacto-ovo vegetarian, and my omnivore husband loves it. Very mild flavor. I think it's a good basic recipe that can be played with. The size of the zucchini is the tricky part - sometimes too small, sometimes too big.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut zucchini in half lengthwise.
- 2Parboil zucchini in a large saucepan with boiling salted water to cover for 5 minutes.
- 3Drain & scoop out seeds without going through sides.
- 4Mix together cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, eggs and spices.
- 5Spoon cheese mixture into the zucchini halves. (Do not mound - it will run over) Place in a shallow baking pan.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minute or until custard is set.
- 7When custard is done, you can sprinkle the zucchini with the bread crumbs and bake for 5 more minutes until the crumbs are toasty.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Stuffed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.3
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 733.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 19.1 g