Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've had this recipe for years. Got it from a diabetic cookbook.
- 2 small zucchini (6-8 inches)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices bread, crunbled
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash dried oregano
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash paprika
- Trim of ends of zucchini, cut in half lengthwise.
- Simmer in boiling salted water, about 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Scoup out centers and reserve for filling.
- Combine pulp with remaining ingredients, mix well, then stuff zucchini with mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Broil until browned.
Yummmm! I made this with seasoned bread crumbs (about 1/3 cup??)because I wasn't sure what kind of bread to use. This was easy and quick. The only thing I will do different next time is season the inside of the zucchini with some salt and pepper before stuffing it. This would be great with any kind of cheese! Thanx for a keeper momstar!