Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very tasty, easy-to-make side dish.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (1 ounce)
- Cook whole zucchini in boiling water in a medium saucepan 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool slightly. Slice zucchini in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out zucchini pulp, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. Finely chop zucchini pulp. Set zucchini pulp and shells aside.
- Saute minced onion in butter in a skillet over medium heat until onion is tender. Add chopped zucchini pulp, grated Parmesan cheese, Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs, pepper, and salt. Cook until vegetable mixture is thoroughly heated. Stir in crumbled bacon. Spoon vegetable mixture evenly into reserved zucchini shells. Top vegetable mixture with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Place stuffed zucchini shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 10 minutes or until stuffed zucchini shells are thoroughly heated and cheese melts. Serve immediately.