Recipe by *SimplyME*
These tomatoes are done on the grill and are an excellent side for a grilled steak.
Top Review by Shock55
Tomatoes are delicious cooked this way. We have made them many times with quite a few variations. Sometimes just like the recipe, sometimes with a little olive oil and seasoning salt sprinkled on them. We've cooked them in the oven and also on the grill when we're grilling. They always turn out great.
- 3 large tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Scoop out center of each tomato half, leaving a 1/2 inch thick shell.
- Chop scooped out tomato pulp; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, butter, basil, salt and pepper.
- Stir in cheese and chopped tomato pulp.
- Fill tomato shells with breadcrumb mixture.
- Wrap each stuffed half in foil.
- Place on grill, stuffed side up.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove foil; sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve hot and enjoy.