Recipe by FLKeysJen
Portable and healthy, these potatoes can be prepared ahead of time and are ready-to-eat after a quick reheat. Cook time includes five minutes cooling time and assumes you use the microwave option. From "Recipes for a Six Pack" by Oxygen Magazine.
- 2 small sweet potatoes (between 5 and 6 ounces each)
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons skim milk ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 green onion, sliced
- paprika, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes, prick lightly with a fork and microwave for six minutes, or until done. (Or, bake in oven at 400 degrees F for one hour or until done.) When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes lengthwise and scoop out the insides into a small mixing bowl. Set aside potato skins.
- Mash the cooked potatoes with the three cheeses and salt and pepper. Distribute the potato mixture evenly among the potato shells. Top each with the sliced green onion and sprinkle paprika on top.
- Return potatoes to the microwave (one minute on high) or oven (10 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees F) or until hot. Wrap or store in a portable container to bring to work or the gym; microwave on high for 1 1/2 to two minutes on high before eating.