Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Makes great leftovers! Can be made with low no fat ingredients for a healthy alternative.
Make and share this Cheese Stuffed Shells recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 30 ounces ricotta cheese, lowfat okay
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, lowfat okay
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, lowfat okay
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley sprig, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 12 ounces shell pasta, jumbo, prepared
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce, lowfat okay
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, lowfat okay
- Boil shells according to package directions. Remove from pot with tongs to avoid tearing and allow to cool on a sheet of wax paper.
- Combine eggs, cheeses, and seasonings in bowl.
- Spoon about 3 Tbls. cheese mixture into each cooked shell.
- Spread 2 Tbls of the spaghetti sauce in bottom of 13"x9" baking dish.
- Arrange shells in dish over sauce.Pour remaining sauce over stuffed shells.
- Sprinkle cheese over sauce.
- Bake in 350F degrees oven for 30 minutes.
This is wonderful recipe! The only other thing I served was garlic bread! (It was very filling)
Fancy macaroni and cheese, so you don't have to feel guilty! ;-)
These were delish! I actually couldn't find "jumbo" shells, so I used medium ones. I put the cheese mixture in a sandwich bag, snipped the end, and squeezed it out over the pasta, topping with the sauce. Came out great -- will make again, thanks!