No Ricotta! No Meat! No Spinach! These are delicious cheese stuffed shells. I can't remember where I found this recipe, but it is used at Cornerstone Memories (cornerstonememories.net), a scrapbook retreat house. The guests love it and are always asking for the recipe. You can easily make the shells with the mixture inside and then freeze them. Just thaw and follow from step #4. I use Prego, but any type sauce will do fine. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook shells according to package directions. Put in cold water to stop cooking. Drain.
- 2While shells are cooking, mix together cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 c parmesan cheese, eggs, and garlic powder. Rub the dried herbs in the palms of your hands to pulverize them. Stir them into the cheese mixture.
- 3Stuff the cheese mixture into the shells.
- 4Spread 1/4 of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 15x10 pan.
- 5Place shells open side up, and close together in the pan.
- 6Spread the remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c parmesan cheese.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- 8Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Stuffed Shells
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.4
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 110.4 mg
- Sodium 1360.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 37.2 g