Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
No Ricotta! No Meat! No Spinach! These are delicious cheese stuffed shells. I can't remember where I found this recipe, but it is used at Cornerstone Memories (cornerstonememories.net), a scrapbook retreat house. The guests love it and are always asking for the recipe. You can easily make the shells with the mixture inside and then freeze them. Just thaw and follow from step #4. I use Prego, but any type sauce will do fine. Delicious!
- Cook shells according to package directions. Put in cold water to stop cooking. Drain.
- While shells are cooking, mix together cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 c parmesan cheese, eggs, and garlic powder. Rub the dried herbs in the palms of your hands to pulverize them. Stir them into the cheese mixture.
- Stuff the cheese mixture into the shells.
- Spread 1/4 of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 15x10 pan.
- Place shells open side up, and close together in the pan.
- Spread the remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
These were good, but rather watery, no idea why. I drained the shells thoroughly before stuffing them, and I followed the directions exactly. Perhaps it was the brand of sauce. In any case, thanks for posting! I haven't made these in years!