Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is out of my "C'mon Over!" Pillsbury cookbook..enjoy
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese (1/4 inch thick slices)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf, chopped
- Heat gas or charcoal gill. Place bell peppers on grill over medium-high heat. Cook 10 to 13 minutes, turning every 3 to 4 minutes, until all sides are blistered and charred.
- Place peppers in brown paper bag: fold down top. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Carefully peel as much skin from peppers as possible. Cut in half lengthwise; remove stems, seeds and ribs. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place 1 slice of cheese in each pepper half; drizzle with oil. Return pepper halves to grill; cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil. Cut each pepper half in half again.