Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this in one of the small add along cookbooks/ coupon books they send with Taste of Home issues. It sounds so yummy. I will be making it this weekend I think.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 boneless pork loin roast
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- In a bowl, combine the flour, lemon pepper, butter and cream until smooth; stir in the cheese; set aside.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2 inch of the bottom.
- Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap and flatten to 3/4 inch thickness.
- Remove plastic; place ham slices over roast; spread cheese mixture lengthwise down one side of the roast to within 1 1/2 inches of ends.
- Roll up, jelly roll style, starting with the long side with the cheese filling; tie several times with kitchen string; secure ends with toothpicks.
- Combine marjoram, oregano, and basil; rub over roast.
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; roast, uncovered at 325°F for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté onion in butter until tender; stir in the cornstarch until blended.
- Whisk in cream and broth; bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened; remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Slice roast; serve with cream sauce.