1 hr 30 mins
Found this in one of the small add along cookbooks/ coupon books they send with Taste of Home issues. It sounds so yummy. I will be making it this weekend I think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 boneless pork loin roast
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1In a bowl, combine the flour, lemon pepper, butter and cream until smooth; stir in the cheese; set aside.
- 2Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2 inch of the bottom.
- 3Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap and flatten to 3/4 inch thickness.
- 4Remove plastic; place ham slices over roast; spread cheese mixture lengthwise down one side of the roast to within 1 1/2 inches of ends.
- 5Roll up, jelly roll style, starting with the long side with the cheese filling; tie several times with kitchen string; secure ends with toothpicks.
- 6Combine marjoram, oregano, and basil; rub over roast.
- 7Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; roast, uncovered at 325°F for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté onion in butter until tender; stir in the cornstarch until blended.
- 9Whisk in cream and broth; bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened; remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- 10Slice roast; serve with cream sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Stuffed Pork Roast W/ Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 709.2
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 257.7 mg
- Sodium 507.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 66.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pepper seasoning