Recipe by Lazarus
I found this recipe posted by Cathie Lesnick on another site. Excellent for a dinner party. I have easily doubled the recipe for a 6 lb roast. Decadent and delicious! Use the cooking time as a guideline, and keep an eye on the internal temperature of the roast. 160F should be perfect.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 slices sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, any colour, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- chipotle hot sauce
- 3 lbs pork roast
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 teaspoons sweet basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine stuffing ingredients in food processor and pulse just until blended. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Slice open the roast so it lays out flat. Pound the roast with a mallet to make some room for the stuffing.
- Generously spread the stuffing mixture on the inside of the pork roast. Roll up the roast and tie securely.
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a casserole dish, add the chicken broth and white wine. Place the roast in the casserole dish. Season the top of the roast with dried chives, sweet basil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for approx 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally with the broth/wine mixture, until pork is no longer pink. Add more broth/wine if necessary.
- To serve, slice pork roast and serve with any remaining pan juices including any stuffing which may have cooked out of the roast.