2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe posted by Cathie Lesnick on another site. Excellent for a dinner party. I have easily doubled the recipe for a 6 lb roast. Decadent and delicious! Use the cooking time as a guideline, and keep an eye on the internal temperature of the roast. 160F should be perfect.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 slices sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, any colour, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- chipotle hot sauce
- 1Combine stuffing ingredients in food processor and pulse just until blended. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2Slice open the roast so it lays out flat. Pound the roast with a mallet to make some room for the stuffing.
- 3Generously spread the stuffing mixture on the inside of the pork roast. Roll up the roast and tie securely.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F In a casserole dish, add the chicken broth and white wine. Place the roast in the casserole dish. Season the top of the roast with dried chives, sweet basil, salt and pepper.
- 5Roast for approx 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally with the broth/wine mixture, until pork is no longer pink. Add more broth/wine if necessary.
- 6To serve, slice pork roast and serve with any remaining pan juices including any stuffing which may have cooked out of the roast.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Stuffed Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.8
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 173.5 mg
- Sodium 337.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 54.5 g